Nothing says comfort food like Collard Greens. Check out this delicious recipe for Slow Cooked Collard Greens.
- 2 large bunches collard greens
- 2 bunches mustard greens
- 1 smoked turkey leg (cut into pieces), or ham hock
- Optional: 1 package bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. Brown sugar
- Dash of soy sauce
- 1 t. Crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. peppercorns
1. Wash greens well, remove ribs and stems from collards (discard them). Tear or cut the greens into smaller pieces
2. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir them up.
3. Cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender, or on high for 4-6.
4. If you used a cut up turkey leg, your greens are ready now.
5. If you used a ham hock, remove it and shred the meat, and add it back to the greens and stir.
6. Serve with broth from the slow cooker.