Instant Pot® Blackberry Iced Tea
Do you love the taste of blackberry iced tea but don’t have time to make it? Try this recipe for your Instant Pot®. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
- 8 cup. water
- 6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
- 1½ cup. fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup. honey, preferably local
- ½ cup. water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, and a half cup of blackberries to Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 5 minutes.
- While the tea is brewing, add remaining blackberries, basil, honey, and water to the saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, gently pressing on the blackberries to release their juices while continually stirring the mixture to combine, for 4-5 minutes. Once the honey is completely melted and the mixture starts to thicken, remove it from heat and set it aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine-mesh strainer. Pour the reserved liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher and sweeten it with the blackberry honey simple syrup, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g