Lemon Poppy Seed Coffee Cake Recipe
Are you in the mood for an indulgent yet surprisingly simple dessert that packs a flavor punch? Look no further than this lemon poppy seed coffee cake recipe! Sweet yet zesty, light yet satisfying…this delicious cake is sure to become your new favorite treat. The easy-to-follow instructions and readily available ingredients make it perfect for bakers of all skill levels – so don’t wait another moment, grab an apron and get baking right now!
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- ¾ c. sour cream
- 4 c. flour
- 1¼ t. baking soda
- 1¼ t. baking powder
- 2 T. poppy seeds
- 1 T. lemon zest, preferably organic
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/8 c. whole milk*
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- *Add additional milk a little at a time, if necessary, to reach desired consistency
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard-sized Bundt pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, and sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, poppy seeds, and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Place in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by blending the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove from oven and place hot pan on a wire rack to cool for 30-40 minutes. To serve, remove cake from pan and slice. Drizzle with some lemon glaze right before serving. Enjoy!