Baking a family favorite dessert is not only a fun way to spend quality time together, but it’s also an easy way to get everyone involved in making something! This Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisp recipe is so simple and delicious. The best part? It can be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready for dessert.
Let’s try out this recipe right now!
- 6 large apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup. real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. 100% apple juice (sugar-free)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup. almond flour
- 1/3 cup. almonds, sliced
- 1/3 cup. honey, preferably local
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
To Serve: (Optional)
- Vanilla bean ice cream or freshly whipped cream
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” x 8” baking dish and set it aside.
- Place apples in a large non-reactive bowl and toss with fresh lemon juice. Add maple syrup, apple juice, cinnamon, allspice, thyme leaves, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned, cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Continue baking for another 15-20 minutes or until the apple crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some vanilla bean iced cream or freshly whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 13gSugar: 83gProtein: 9g