What could be more satisfying than a warm, home-cooked meal? As the weather starts to cool down, it’s time for some of your old favorites like apple pies and peach cobblers. This easy recipe will have you coming back for seconds!
- 8 large, ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup. white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- ¼ cup. packed brown sugar
- 1 cup. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup. sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, very well chilled
- 1 egg white, beaten with water added
Optional, to serve:
- Whipped cream or ice cream, of choice
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Add peaches, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 8” x 8” baking pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the peach mixture before placing the pan in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, ½ cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a different bowl and stir to combine. Chop chilled butter into very small pieces with a sharp knife. Add to bowl and combine with dry ingredients with your fingers until small pebble-sized pieces are formed.
- Add heavy cream and water to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until all the dry ingredients are moist and somewhat sticky. Do not overwork the dough.
- Remove baking pan from oven and carefully spoon dough over the top, making sure the dough is the same thickness throughout. Leave spaces in between, as pictured, for a more rustic look.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from oven and brush the top with the egg white wash and sprinkle remaining sugar on top. Return to oven to finish baking, another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven when the top is golden brown.
- Allow pan to cool slightly before serving on its own or topped with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 847Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1340mgCarbohydrates: 133gFiber: 7gSugar: 102gProtein: 9g