Roasted Curried Carrots Recipe
Are you looking for a side dish that is simple to make, flavorful, and sure to impress? Look no further than this delicious roasted curried carrot recipe! This quick and easy cooking method creates spicy-sweet carrots that are full of flavor—just perfect when served alongside your favorite main. Whether it’s part of a weeknight dinner or an elaborate holiday meal, everyone will love the hint of curry in these roasted carrots.
And don’t worry if you’ve never made them before: the step-by-step instructions make this an accessible option even for beginner cooks! Plus, with minimal ingredients required, you’ll be able to get everything prepped in no time. Make this original spin on curls tonight and wow your guests!
- 2 lbs. fresh carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. maple syrup, preferably local
- 1 T. curry powder
- 10-12 fresh thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add carrots, olive oil, maple syrup, curry powder, and fresh thyme to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until well combined.
- Pour seasoned carrots on the prepared sheet pan and spread into a single layer without overcrowding. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning carrots once halfway through cooking. Carrots should be crisp tender and nicely browned when ready.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Serve immediately with your choice of entrees. Enjoy!