Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Who doesn’t love a good buffalo chicken wing? They are the ultimate game day snack. But, who has time to wait in line at the restaurant and wait for them to cook when you can make your own crispy wings right at home with your new Instant Pot?
Note: This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup. water
- Sliced celery, for serving
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup. Frank’s original hot sauce
- ½ cup. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Sprinkle wings with garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the
vent to “Sealing” and adjust the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk Frank’s hot sauce, melted butter, and remaining garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When done cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove the lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, position the top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat the broiler to high.
Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce. Serve immediately with sliced celery and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7081Total Fat: 536gSaturated Fat: 197gTrans Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 293gCholesterol: 1767mgSodium: 8709mgCarbohydrates: 204gFiber: 9gSugar: 6gProtein: 352g