Instant Pot® Vegan Vegetable Soup
If you are looking for a delicious and easy to make soup, this recipe is perfect. This Instant Pot Vegan Vegetable Soup is fast and simple to prepare with fresh vegetables and savory seasonings.
I am not sure about you but the colder months have me craving more warm soups. I love coming up with new recipes that are healthy while also being tasty! The best part of making soups in the Instant Pot is how quick it can be done!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 6 vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup. baby kale, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1184mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 7g