When you just can’t get your kids to eat, there is one soup recipe that they will love. This Instant Pot Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe is a family favorite! The flavor of the chicken and spinach makes it so tasty. And with only 20 minutes of cooking time in the Instant Pot, this recipe couldn’t be any easier or faster. Plus, you can make it for one person or an entire family with no problem!
- ½ cup. sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 cup. water
- 2 (15-oz.) cans cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cup. chicken broth
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4” Parmesan cheese rind
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup. baby spinach
- 1 cup. baby arugula
- ½ cup. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- Place the sundried tomatoes in 2 cups of water and set aside. Let soak until softened, approximately 30 minutes, then chop into small pieces. Reserve the soaking liquid and set it aside.
- Rinse and drain one can of cannellini beans, and puree the other with its liquid in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Remove heavy cream from the refrigerator and set aside at room temperature until the soup is done cooking. (This will prevent it from curdling when added to the hot soup later).
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Set the heat setting to high and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the container, then add the chopped sundried tomatoes and soaking liquid, the whole and pureed white beans, mushrooms, cheese rind, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Submerge the chicken breasts in the liquid and add the lid. Securely lock into position and set the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button and adjust the heat setting to high. Then, adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then flip the pressure value to “Venting” to release any remaining steam.
- Carefully open the lid and add spinach, arugula, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until the greens are wilted and the cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 840Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1479mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 16gSugar: 7gProtein: 84g