This blog post is about a delicious recipe for pumpkin mousse with maple whipped cream. The pumpkin mousse tastes like the classic Pumpkin Pie without the crust, and it’s made from scratch so it takes an hour to make. It’ll be perfect for Thanksgiving or any other time you want something sweet and light!
Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp. real maple syrup, divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup. half & half
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies, for serving
- Pecan halves
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 41gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g