Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Do you find yourself craving something sweet and crunchy? Look no further! Our chunky peanut butter cookies recipe is guaranteed to be the perfect snack for your afternoon break or post-dinner treat. These easy-to-make cookies feature nutty and fragrant crushed peanuts that add an irresistible crunchiness to every bite.
Besides being indulgent, this scrumptious cookie has a mesmerizing aroma that will surely bring a smile to everyone’s face. Ready your ingredients now, these creamy and delicious cookies are sure to beat your cravings in no time!
Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- 1 c, unsalted butter
- 1½ c. chunky peanut butter
- 1½ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. real vanilla extract
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. unsalted peanuts, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!