Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
If preferred, the lettuce wraps used in this recipe can be replaced with flour tortillas for a more traditional sandwich presentation.
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Add the fajita seasoning ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken tenders in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil and half of the fajita seasoning on top. Seal the bag and carefully turn until the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate chicken at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare, pre-heat the oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Add sliced peppers and red onion, if using, to a large mixing bowl and drizzle remaining olive oil and fajita seasoning on top. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Remove chicken from the freezer bag and discard the remaining marinade. Spread the chicken and vegetables into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 7 minutes.
- Pull sheet pan from oven and flip each chicken tender. Return to oven and roast for another 7-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables develop some nice color.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the fresh lime juice. Serve immediately with sliced avocado, cilantro, and lettuce leaves for wrapping. Offer lime wedges on the side for squeezing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1593mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
Scroll down to grab our FREE Weekly Meal Planner & Shopping List Printable!