Looking for a new comfort food dessert? Make this Warm Black Cherry Crisp Recipe Today.
- 4½ c. frozen black cherries, thawed and chopped
- ¼ c. maple syrup, preferably local
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ c. almond flour
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- 1/3 c. maple syrup, preferably local
- 5 T. coconut oil, melted, divided
- 1/8 t. table salt
Optional, to serve
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine thawed chopped cherries, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and thyme leaves in a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine rolled oats, almond flour, pecans, maple syrup, three tablespoons melted coconut oil, and salt in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the four 9-oz. oval cast iron baking dishes (or the 10” cast iron skillet) with remaining coconut oil.
- Divide the cherry mixture equally among the cast iron mini-servers and spread into an even layer. Divide the topping between the 4 mini-servers, as well, and spread into a thin layer on top.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned and the cherry mixture is nice and bubbly. Tip: If using a 10” skillet, cover loosely with aluminum foil after 30 minutes and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!