Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Craving something sweet yet still healthy? Look no further! This Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe is exactly what you need. Made with the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy ingredients, this unbelievably delicious dish will be sure to satisfy any sweet tooth while providing fiber and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Perfect for a weeknight dinner or special weekend treat, this Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe is guaranteed to be an instant hit with family and friends alike – so don’t wait to make it now!
Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Thyme
These rich and creamy mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish for just about any holiday meal. However, they’re so quick and easy to make, you’ll want to enjoy them throughout the year. What’s more, sweet potatoes are as nutritious as they are delicious. They contain fewer calories and are higher in fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C than their white counterparts.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 T. half and half
- 2 T. fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground all-spice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: Whipped cream cheese** Walnuts halves, toasted
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and half & half to the sweet potatoes and mash with an immersion blender or a hand-held mixer. For a thinner consistency, add more half & half, if desired.
- Once the potatoes are creamy, stir in thyme leaves, cinnamon, and allspice until well blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately topped with a spoonful of whipped cream cheese and/or toasted walnuts, if desired. Enjoy!
Time-Saving Tip: The smaller the sweet potatoes are cut before boiling, the faster they will cook.
**To make whipped cream cheese topping, blend 4 oz. softened cream cheese, 3 tablespoons half & half, and a dash of cinnamon with an immersion blender or hand-held mixer until light and fluffy. Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator and use wherever you enjoy regular cream cheese.