Rustic Blueberry Crisp Recipe
Delight your taste buds with this delicious Rustic Blueberry Crisp recipe! You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to make, perfect for a last-minute summer dessert. With its sweet blueberries, crunchy oats, and buttery topping, this classic family favorite will have everyone asking for seconds – trust us, you don’t want to miss out on this truly heavenly treat!
- 4 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed
- ¼ c. real maple syrup
- ¾ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped)
- ¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. almonds, sliced
- ¼ c. maple syrup, preferably local
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 t. table salt
- Optional, to Serve: 1 c. coconut yogurt
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some coconut yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!