Roasted Tomato and Fennel Soup is the perfect soup for any occasion (especially chilly fall days)! The roasted vegetables are a great way to bring out their rich flavors, and the fennel adds a fresh taste. And who doesn’t love a bowl of hot soup on a cool day?
- 1½ lb. Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium red bell peppers, deseeded and quartered
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium shallots, outer skin removed and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups. organic chicken broth
- ½ cup. full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup. fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Arrange the tomatoes, red peppers, fennel, carrots, shallots, and garlic in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine and sprinkle veggies with fresh thyme leaves.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until vegetables are tender and lightly charred, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted veggies and any juices from the baking sheet to a large soup pot and add chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the contents of the soup pot until completely smooth. Stir in the coconut milk and fresh basil right before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 1039mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g