We’ve all been there. Dinner is in the crock pot and you’re hungry for something else! You want to be able to eat a healthy meal, but time isn’t on your side. There’s no need to panic though because this Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans recipe will have it ready in a flash!
Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup. chicken broth or water
- 5 cups. mixed salad greens
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. pecan halves
- ¼ cup. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. honey
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts. Season chicken on both sides with garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside. Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping it with a rubber spatula.
- Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set the cooking time to 8 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover tightly and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans. Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4-6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 489mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g