Easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
I’m sure you’ve heard of the famous Chinese dish, egg roll in a bowl. It’s a simple recipe that is made by cooking minced pork with plenty of veggies and then eating it all wrapped up in rice noodles. But have you ever tried making your own keto version? If not, I urge you to try this easy recipe!
- 1¼ lb. spicy bulk pork sausage
- ¼ cup. water
- 3 cup. green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos or tamari
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once the sausage is no longer pink, remove it from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the pan.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1087mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g